Monday, June 21, 2010

So Krista, what do you eat all day?

I thought it'd be interesting to post (with pictures of course!) a few days of my food journal.  One, I'm trying to write in my food diary 6 days/week.  I hate doing it, so maybe this will help.  2- I have had a LOT of people ask for food advice.  I'll be the first to admit I'm FAR from an expert, but I think I do ok.  I've learned a lot and am still learning a lot about what to eat, how much of it etc.  It's by far the biggest struggle.  Not so much the "stop eating cupcakes" part, but the "getting enough calories" part for me.  I've always been an under-eater (little did I know) and thus, for years, have starved my body.  So, here's what I'm eating today.  My goal is 1800-1900 calories a day based on trainer recommendations regarding my workout schedule and the intensity of it.  So, take it for what you will.  :-)

(calories listed on the right)

Breakfast:


1 Cup of special K red berries -120
w/.25 cup of milk - 40
1 cup of greek yogurt (I tried dannon's, I like my other brand better) -120
OJ (6 oz) - 80












AM Snack:

28 grams (I use my scale!) of an almond, pistachio, walnut, pecan mix. -190
8 oz. soy milk -50














Lunch


6 oz. chicken breast cooked with salsa seasoning - 160
Black beans (low sodium can, drained and rinsed WELL) - 105
1/2 of an avacado - 150
Fresh salsa - 40

This has quickly become one of my favorite meals.  I should take it easy though, or hubby may never eat it again!





PM Snack:

Nut-thins - 130
2 laughing cow wedges - 70















Dinner:

This is homemade polenta with a homemade sauce of tomatoes, onions, and turkey sausage.

The turkey is about 90 cal/serving, the polenta is about 200/serving.  So, for the sauce, I gave it 190 total.  390 total, not bad.

P.S. the polenta is made with 2 cups water, 2 cups milk, a 2 cups of cornmeal.  I add a bit of chicken broth instead of just water.  

No comments: