Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week 5 - Awesome




From Confessions of a gym addict


From Confessions of a gym addict


2 fun photos of Couples pump!  

Alright, so here we are, into week 5 of personal training and upping the ante at the gym.  Conclusion?  It's paying off.  As of today I'm down 6 lbs in the last 5 weeks and 1% of body fat.  Yay!!!  And, it was all a loss of fat and a tiny increase in lean muscle mass.  Yay for fat finding its way off my body.  (I told you, it was going no matter what!).  

I'm very pleased with the results.  I'm really starting to see a difference and feel a difference.  Clothes are getting too big and I've already had to start buying a few new things.  (Bras are coming next....eek.) Crystal and I went on a new gym clothes (mini) shopping spree and I'm pleased to say we found many things that fit the bill.  yay!

In food news, I've discovered my newest love....  Greek Yogurt with fruit on the bottom.  13g. protein for only 110 calories!  Yum yum.  I'm still struggling with breakfast as I get bored easy and don't know what to eat.  My favorite is cheesy grits.  Some carbs, some protein, and it keeps me full.  I'd rather eat last nights left-overs though, hah.  I'll live to fight another day on that one.  I'm also working on eating carbs (the majority of them anyhow) earlier in the day.  It's a hard one, but I'm still trying.

I leave you with a funny (and kinda inspirational, lol) story.....

Today, as most of you know, is the last day before lent begins.  My coworkers brought doughnuts to work.  When I got there it was "have a doughnut!"  I passed and went about my day.  Well, around 2ish, I really wanted a freaking doughnut. So, I got one.  But I made a deal with myself.  I'd put it in a baggie and take it home, and if after my workout I still really wanted it, I'd eat it.  And, I didn't.  I gave it to the hubby instead.  ;-)  

Until next time.  

~K

No comments: