Monday, August 23, 2010

Read, shop, eat.

Ok, so I don't normally rave about salads or recipes, but I have one you HAVE to try.

You'll need:
1 bunch of Kale, trim the stems and rough chop it.
1 lemon
1-2 tsp honey
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 decent sized mango

Put your chopped Kale in a big bowl, and squeeze 1/2 of the lemon onto it.  "massage" the kale for 2-3 minutes to wilt it a bit.  Let that sit while you chop your mango into little chunks.  Then, add the oil, the other 1/2 of the lemon and the honey to a bowl and wisk it together.  Put the mango it, toss and drizzle it with the dressing you made. 

SO good.  (it originally called for pumpkin seeds too, but we didn't have any and I didn't think it needed it.)

Try it, I know you'll love it!

In other news - I'm down 4.5 lbs.  Thank GOD for finally seeing some movement on the scale again.  Working out the food stuff and trying a modified south beach type diet.  Eating mainly carb free/sugar free for the 1st 2 weeks.  I'm past week 1 and I haven't really been craving the carbs like I was over the weekend. 

Here's hoping the downward trend continues!  Until next time!

~K

No comments: