Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st Post!

Alright, so here it is.  My place to yack about the gym and all things health/fitness related.  Comments welcome, encouragement always appreciated.  :)


So, since I started developing the blog a few night ago, I'll post my readout data from yesterday and today.  I wear a bodymedia device from www.bodymedia.com.  It's helped me a ton and hubby got me the instant readout display for christmas, so now I'm a calorie burning addict.  I suppose there are worse things to be.

So yesterday:  burned 2354 Calories, 12,402 steps (Ran for 20 minutes, bike for 20, elliptical for 10, yoga)
Today:  burned 2189 calories, 11,193 steps (step class)

I'd like to hit a better burn than this each day - but, it's significantly above my caloric intake (around 1500) and it'd require a ton more gym time.  I've considered going twice a day.  Still pondering that idea.

In other news I ran my first mile since.... probably marching corps.  (go glassmen).  I ran, which is HUGE.  My feet have always bothered me when running (even during corps, I still sucked at running), but I found Nike Air Max, and while the price sucked, I'm RUNNING!   I couldn't be happier and I hope it continues.

Mom also got me some personal training sessions for christmas.  I'm going to add to them (great deal at the gym) and see if we can't kick this up another notch.  Today at work some of my co-workers drug me into the bathroom to ask (all private like) if I'd lost weight.  It feels good that other people are noticing and I'm feeling great.  It was nice not to have to gripe with them about how much I ate over christmas b/c I didn't!  I packed snacks that I knew were good for me and I didn't over induldge in the typical christmas goodies.  I'm proud of the willpower I've developed.  It was NOT easy to come by.

So, that's that for now.  More updates soon, I swear.

P.S.  I'd like to thank chelsea www.skinnychels.blogspot.com with the help in choosing a blog name.  Everything I wanted was taken, so I kinda stole her idea.  ;-)

No comments: