Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm hyping the pants....

Ok - I've been putting off my next entry b/c I was waiting until it was officially official!  For months now - since last fall really, I've been planning.  I don't know when, where, or how, but at some point, I got addicted - and the only real cure was Jam.  Many a night have I spent at body boutique with 3 of my favorite ladies taking their classes.  The more I did it, the better I got, and then I couldn't stop.  Like clockwork, every monday, thursday and friday nights, there I was.  Something about each and every one of those classes started to change me - physically and mentally.  I have never ever walked away from a class without feeling 100 times happier than when I arrived.

I frequently joke that I go to two churches.  (I hope I don't offend anyone here!)  I go to the church of Body Jam and the church of Body Flow.  Seriously - I post it on facebook, but Jam seriously has cured (most of) what ails me.  I love that for an hour, I can be someone else.  (Thanks Alison!).  I love how FUN it is to be with all the ladies.  I am, well, an addict.

So, now that I've admitted my problem, I've decided to give in to the addiction.  Next weekend I leave for Cheney, Washington.  What's in WA you ask?  Body Jam training!

I am super lucky to have the support of Sherri, Alison and Amber and, frankly, I don't think I could do this without it.  I know this will be hard, I know this is going to require work.  But I also know it will pay dividends in my life too.  I want to hop the plane now - I'm tired of waiting.  I'm nervous, anxious and scared I'll be terrible.  But, fear and nerves are important (Thanks Sherri!!) - it'll make me work harder.  The things we really want in life aren't ever acquired without fear and hard work. 

So, I dunno where this is taking me - but I'm jumping off this cliff.  I truly cannot WAIT to see where this new journey takes me.  I hope it will allow me to stop stressing about myself, stop worrying about the last X lbs that I can't seem to lose, stop considering myself the main focus and start (in some small way) giving back to other ladies trying to do the same thing.

So - say a prayer, cross your fingers, or whatever you'd like for me.  I'll need all of the well wishes you can send.  But, fear not, I'll be working my tail off too!  I believe I can, now I've just got to put in the work and time.  I'll make sure to let you know how it goes.

Here's to making 3 special ladies proud - and to hopefully being completely honored to one day grace the same stage as them.

P.S.  Special thanks to Amber for going shopping, dressing me, dealing with my skirt addiction and letting me borrow your awesome pants for training.  I fully intend to rock those pants!  haha  ;-)

~K

No comments: